4 Afternoon sessions
start 2pm, finish 5.30pm
The Expert Witness Foundation Course course is an intensive study through both the theory and more practical aspects of being an Expert Witness.
For the Expert that is about to undertake a large case this is the perfect opportunity to ‘brush up’ on little used techniques.
The course concentrates on the Expert's Report and the Role & Responsibilities of the Expert with a brief introduction into the Procedure Rules (CPR & CrimPR) and preparation for going into court.
Key Learning Points
- Your Role
- Who and what is an Expert
- The role and duties of the Expert
- Instructions and their implications
- Terms of Engagement
- Fact Finding, early evaluation and pre-trial advice
- Code of Practice for Experts
- The Meeting of Experts - procedures and problems
- The Expert Witness tomorrow